Secure Australian Payment Gateway
Mantis Technologies' E-Gateway payment gateway uses the very best in Ecommerce security and anti fraud technologies.
Using 128 bit encryption and a proprietry secure payment engine, all transactions are protected using watertight security measures.
E-gateway includes the following security features :
- E-Gateway uses a 128 bit SSL connection for all transactions and administrative functions.
- Digital certification to verify integrity and authenticity between E-gateway and the customer, preventing unauthorised access to transactions in progress.
- Encrypted card details are temporarily stored in a secure, encrypted database. Card details are erased from record as soon as orders are processed. This eliminates the risk of your credit card details being captured and used by unauthorised people.
- Each order is checked manually by the vendor before processing.. This further reduces the possibility of credit card fraud.
- E-Gateway is 100% PCI-DSS Compliant
PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) is a set of standards created by card issuers such as Visa and MasterCard to ensure the security of credit card details online.
It is a legal requirement for all online payment processors to have up to date PCI-DSS compliance. It is also a legal requirement as a merchant that you are using a PCI-DSS complaint gateway otherwise you risk heavy fines and losing the ability to process credit card payments in the future.
The core of PCI-DSS compliance is outlined below:
Build and Maintain a Secure Network
- Requirement 1: Install and maintain a firewall configuration to protect cardholder data
- Requirement 2: Do not use vendor-supplied defaults for system passwords and other security parameters
Protect Cardholder Data
- Requirement 3: Protect stored cardholder data
- Requirement 4: Encrypt transmission of cardholder data across open, public networks
Maintain a Vulnerability Management Program
- Requirement 5: Use and regularly update anti-virus software
- Requirement 6: Develop and maintain secure systems and applications
Implement Strong Access Control Measures
- Requirement 7: Restrict access to cardholder data by business need-to-know
- Requirement 8: Assign a unique ID to each person with computer access
- Requirement 9: Restrict physical access to cardholder data
Regularly Monitor and Test Networks
- Requirement 10: Track and monitor all access to network resources and cardholder data
- Requirement 11: Regularly test security systems and processes
Maintain an Information Security Policy
- Requirement 12: Maintain a policy that addresses information security
E-Gateway undergoes regular auditing by an independant internationally recognised 3rd party to ensure that it maintains its PCI-DSS compliance. We also have many other extra security features that go above and beyond PCI-DSS complaince to make E-Gateway one of the most secure payment gateways available.